It's been years since I've made a puppet. Honestly, I'd almost forgotten. After wrassling with a big piece of foam from Rockland Fabrics, I had to come up with a sort of pattern. Luckily, there was this site so I had something to go from.
Then I experimented with glue. I started with rubber cement, but it didn't work. I was a bit worried about setting Pansy the Puppet's head on fire with hot glue, but in the end it was what did it. I glued and glued and burned my fingers and finally I had a head! Then I modeled the nose bits. I'd already bought some button eyes, but the next step, which I did this afternoon, was the paint my form.
Here she is, drying upside down from my basement beams!
Plus, if you look carefully in the background, you can see the awesome coat of awesomeness that will be Pansy the Puppet's overcoat. VV Boutique -- how I love thee!
More photos to come as I paint and add more -- the next step...makeup! Then eyes! Then -- hair! I have a surprise for hair!
And little Ms. Sassy Rouge will be knitting our accessories. Can't argue with that.
But too labour-intensive to be a product line.
Best to all!Elizabeth Todd Doyle